Preserve Lawson Landmarks (PLL) was established in 2021 with priorities including the repair of the property’s six original water towers, including Judson Tower; repair of the stone walls and bridges throughout the property; and restoration of the boathouse. These structures are highlighted on this map.



Prospect Tower is back to its original glory thanks to the help of our donors, vendors, volunteers and in-kind donors.  The new roof was a monumental undertaking and has been completely rebuilt.  A new door in the original style was built and painted along with the installation of newly painted windows.  The entire structure received a state-of-the-art, high-pressure surface cleaning and the trees and vegetation surrounding the tower were trimmed and cleared.  We are beyond grateful to all those who donated to Preserve Lawson Landmarks first project. We are appreciative of your trust in us to get the job done!

Prospect Tower Before

Prospect Tower After



PROJECTS in progress


Work is already underway on Teen Tower, with its prime location overlooking Norwegian Bay.  Necessary tree-trimming has exposed the beautiful lake views from the second floor.  Pitch issues on the second level concrete deck are being addressed to curb further water damage.  Concrete patching and porch sealing are in motion.  The best news…..Teen Tower will be getting a new roof this summer.  Stay tuned for these and other preservation steps for Teen Tower. 



There are six original water towers on the grounds, each built during the Lawson era, between 1911 and 1914. Each tower was initially filled with water from its own well, and the towers were used for watering nearby plants and gardens, as well as to suppress the dust from the unpaved roads. Judson Tower is perhaps the area’s most famous landmark. It was built in 1908 and stands 200 feet above the lake level. It was built for use as a 75,000-gallon water tank by the Lawsons. While all six towers need repair, Prospect Tower was identified by Preserve Lawson Landmarks as the priority and the first restoration project of that tower has been completed.


There are stone walls and bridges throughout the grounds. The stones are boulders created by glaciers in the area and the Lawsons paid area farmers 50 cents a load for their stones.


The boathouse was built in 1910, based on a design Jessie Lawson saw in Switzerland. The original green roof tiles were imported from Italy.